In the 1930s, the U.S. government issued a hobby to each citizen to keep them entertained until NASA finished working out the bugs in kissing. Self-determine a new pastime with today's Groupon to the San Francisco Ski & Snowboard Festival presented by SnowBomb at the Fort Mason Center's Festival Pavillion on Saturday, November 5 or Sunday, November 6. Choose from the following options:
- For $10, you get one general-admission ticket (a $20 value).
- For $18, you get two general-admission tickets (a $40 total value).
- For $32, you get four general-admission tickets (an $80 total value).
General admission tickets include the following:
- Entry to one day of the festival and winter sale.
- Vouchers for one free lift ticket to each of the following resorts: Bear Valley, Dodge Ridge, and China Peak Resort.
- One-year subscription to Ski or Transworld Snowboarding magazines.
As soft, white powder begins falling onto the mountains, the San Francisco Ski & Snowboard Festival blankets a 50,000-square-foot venue with interactive displays from more than 20 resorts and deals on more than $1 million in gear from brands such as Atomic, K2, and Ride. Twin-tippers and boarders alike can test out jackets, swaddle feet in the latest boots and bindings, and don goggles that yield imaginary visions of glorious slopes and real visions of a convention center tinted slightly magenta. The fest's winter sale showcases gear from Any Mountain and Lombardi Sports, who will be offering savings of up to 80% off on mountain wear from Burton, Smith, Marker, and other manufacturers. Alongside the sale, festival-goers can skip, frolic, or electric slide through a live snow-play arena, or dream up wintery escapes while wandering through exhibits for Big Sky Montana, Telluride, and Mount Rushmore.
Patrons who wish to partake in wine or beer tasting must upgrade to VIP tickets at the door for an additional $20.