Choose Between Two Options
$85 for a family-plus membership (a $175 value). All the benefits of a family membership, plus:
- Free admission to family festivals (instead of half off)
- Exclusive pre-registration for summer camps and classes
- Ten single-use guest passes (a value of up to $10 each)
$50 for a family membership (a $100 value)
- Access to the museum and grounds for two adults of the same household and all their children younger than 18 years old
- Half off discount on admission to family festivals
- Free admission to observatory viewings and Astronomy Nights programs
- Invitations to special exhibition previews
- Discounts in the gift shop and on classes and summer camps
- Subscription to “NEXT,” the museum’s quarterly magazine
Stamford Museum & Nature Center
Stamford Museum & Nature Center has come a long way since its founding in 1936. Over the decades, its sprawling grounds have grown to include areas focused on nature, agriculture, astronomy, art, and history. On a hill lies the Henri Bendel Mansion. This once-private residence echoes classic British manor houses with its lead-framed glass windows, half-timbered walls, and stone gargoyles that speak in cockney accents. Visitors can view the ground's sculptures before going inside to gaze at the museum galleries and rotating exhibitions, which explore topics in art and pop culture.
Back outside, more than 80 acres of nature trails wind through the trees. One such trail leads to Nature's Playground, where kids soar down slides and play in a treehouse. Elsewhere, the accessible Wheels in the Woods trail lets people of all abilities explore the forest.
Crossing over Bendel's Pond brings visitors to Heckscher Farm, where kids can learn about basic animal care. The New England–style farm, which stands next to an otter pond, home to otters Bert and Edie, encompasses structures such as the Cheshire Barn, which was built in 1750 and houses heritage-breed animals, including chickens, pigs, goats, sheep, cows, and llamas. The Stamford Observatory sits west of the farm and offers visitors an opportunity to peer into a 22-inch research telescope (on Friday evenings, weather permitting), to view the night sky. Also explore a new addition to Heckscher Farm, Heckscher WILD!, a space featuring live animals and plants from around the world that provides visitors with the chance to interact through feedings, demonstrations, and special events.
The Stamford Museum & Nature Center offers programs and events for adults as well, including Farm to Table Suppers and the Annual Food and Wine Celebration.
99% of 314 customers recommend
“Great offer; would recommend for families!”
“It was a great experince! ”
“Good for kids ”