Choose from Five Options
- $35 for one 60-minute horseback-riding lesson (a $62 value) and a tack lesson (a $10 value; a $72 total value)
- $99 for three 60-minute horseback-riding lessons (a $186 value) and three tack lessons (a $30 value; a $216 total value)
- $112 for one week of half-day summer riding camp (a $225 value)
- $24 for a 30-minute horseback-riding lesson and tack lesson for children aged 3–6 (a $48.50 value)
- $30 for a four-hour spring camp including riding (a $60 value)
Instructors help foster a love of horsemanship and riding year-round in lessons for all ages. Riding camps occupy kids during spring and summer breaks with up to 2.5 hours of riding and additional ground lessons in groups divided according to skill level. Summer Winds Stables provides standard ASTM-SEI approved helmets, which must be worn, as well as bridles, saddle pads and well-fitted saddles.
Summer Wind Stables
The fleet of 14 school horses at Summer Wind Stables allows riders of all skill levels to study and appreciate horsemanship, a subject that encompasses both riding and horse care. Each lesson program is structured so that riders can learn at their own pace as they cover horse-related topics such as grooming, tacking, bathing, and proper riding technique. The stable’s steadfast commitment to safety, which prohibits riding without an approved helmet, enables riders to develop their confidence and assertiveness while practicing in the styles of hunter/jumper, dressage, or eventing. Meanwhile, a staff of active horseback riders mans the shop at Summer Wind Stables, lending advice to those searching for gifts, tack, apparel, or riding accessories.