Today’s Groupon turns your mouth into a house of fresh sushi at a price that would normally only afford a condo of day-old sushi in the bad part of sushi-town. For $25, you get $50 worth of marvelous handmade creations from Sushi Groove. This Groupon can be used at Sushi Groove (Russian Hill) and Sushi Groove South (SOMA).
Sushi Groove's maki and nigiri plates ($5.50–$15) will fill your sweet cheeks with the flavorful pleasures of tuna caliente, spicy hamachi rolls, far-more-delicious-than-they-sound caterpillar rolls, or the ever-friendly rock & roll (a marriage of eel, avocado, cucumber, and tobiko). The restaurant’s definitive Sushi Groove Plates ($7–$16), on the other hand, feature veggie tempura, prawn tempura, beef yakitori, and enough hamachi kama to make you a certified hamachissimo.
A gastronomical feat greater than the sum of its teeny-tiny parts, sushi's perfection of form is designed to be admired as much by your eyes as by your mouth. To help you slow down and savor each bite, Sushi Groove pipes a little acid jazz into its sunset ambience. It also offers a bold range of sakes to smoothly accompany any combination of rolls you order.
Settle into the lush velvet, watch the cable cars go by, and resist the urge to prove to your date that you can fit an entire plate's worth of rick rolls into your mouth at once. Check out Sushi Groove's Hyde Street menus here and here; see the Folsom Street menus here and here.
- Amazing rolls, generous sizes,beautiful presentation,nice service,good neighborhood, and a nice atmosphere. – hanslo, Citysearch
- EXTREMELEY fresh fish... all at a good price. I have tried sushi all over the world and Sushi Groove makes top 5. – jgrund, Citysearch
- We requested that the chef make us whatever was the freshest. The sushi was fantastic and very tasty. The service was fantastic, our waitress was very knowledgeable. – roxanne07, TripAdvisor
SushiDude.com aims to demystify sushi by reviewing sushi restaurants using the latest, youth-friendly slang. Here are some of its reviews:
- The sushi at Sushi Red is the bomb! The Dragon Roll will laser-gun your taste buds! Too grandma!
- Double bold! There must be a hawk in the kitchen at Philly Sushi because where’s grandma?
- The tempura at Sushi Please will grandma your eyes and make you sit up and grandma.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.