A sushi chef's skill is determined by how precisely he can slice a fish and roll it up in seaweed while rubbing his belly and patting his head. Watch a master at work with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $21 for dinner for two or more adults, valid Monday–Thursday (up to $42.85 total value)
- $42 for dinner for four or more adults, valid Monday–Thursday (up to $85.70 total value)
- $21 for dinner for two or more adults, valid any day (up to $42.85 total value)
Each pair receives the following:
- One appetizer (up to $8.95 value)
- Two miso soups (up to $4 value)
- Two rolls, makimono, or sushi (up to $29.90 value)
Takemura Japanese Restaurant
The sushi chefs at Takemura Japanese Restaurant craft an impressive 48 different maki rolls for their large menu. But there's more to their craft than just rolls. Their minimalistic plates often showcase a range of nigiri—slices of raw fish on a perfect mound of rice—or fresh sashimi that needs no rice in its life to feel worthy of being eaten. Traditional ingredients of spicy tuna and eel abound here, though the chefs also bend more unique sushi ingredients to their will, such as deep-fried pumpkin. When it comes to hot dishes, the dinner menu also tiptoes into other culinary traditions with with Korean barbecue and noodles topped with fried eggs. While the chefs get to work, the waitstaff brings diners wines from around the world, cold beers, and special unfiltered sake.
What some people are buzzing about:
“great food! great service!”
“the soup, appetizer and two sushi roll offering can be quite a nice meal; popular place!”
“The food was really yummy. Good Japanese cooking.”