Paintings are a window into the artist's thoughts, from Pollock's chaotic canvases to the little frowny faces on each star in Starry Night. Paint it out with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $19 for one art class for adults or children (up to a $45 value)
- $35 for two art classes for adults or children (up to a $90 value)
Groupon holders can participate in the following classes:
- Kid’s After School Art, where children aged 5–14 learn art history and work on projects in various art mediums.
- Painting to the Oldies, where beginners and advanced painters listen to music from the ‘40s through the ‘70s while socializing and working on their choice of art medium.
- Cork-N-Canvas, where adults sip on brought wine and champagne while following the instructor’s step-by-step guidance to complete a ready-to-hang painting.
- Saturday Freestyle, where students of all skill levels can work on any style of art project while the instructor teaches them how to improve their techniques.
Consult Talin Tropic Co.'s Facebook page to see a list of available days and times for each class.
Talin Tropic Co.
Talin Lyman's delicate brushstrokes cover the walls of a former U.S. vice president's winter home, frescoes within InterContinental hotels in Tuscany and Rome, and furniture that adorns Martha Stewart's own abode. From canvases to murals to throws of pillows designed for people and pets, the virtuosic painter daubs blank spaces with flora and fauna inspired by her childhood spent traveling to far-flung countries with her missionary father. Lyman also throws open the doors of her studio for an array of classes geared toward adults—such as Painting to the Oldies—and children, where she intersperses hands-on activities with lessons about great moments in art history, such as the day Georges Seurat invented the polka dot.