Brewing your own beer can make you the most popular guy in your neighborhood, especially if every bottle also comes with a stack of homemade money. Get crafty with this Groupon.
$39 for a Beer College Class for Two ($100 Value)
Held on Wednesdays from 7 p.m.–8:30 p.m., Beer College classes can cover topics ranging from beer’s history to the proper glassware for different beer styles. The schedule runs as follows:
- February 6 and 20: Beer 101, an overview of beer’s history and styles that also encompasses topics such as home-brewing and food pairings
- March 6 and 20: Beer Styles and Glassware
- April 3 and 17: American Craft Beers, an exploration of US microbreweries and craft beers
- May 1, 8, 15 and 22: Belgium Beers, which covers doubles, triples, and farmhouse variants
- June 5, 12, 19 and 26: German Beers
- July 3, 10, 17 and 24: Home Brewing
- August 7, 14, 21 and 28: Beer and Food Pairings
Each Groupon includes one complimentary growler.
The Bottle Shop
Most days, The Bottle Shop is a bar founded by the owners of World Beer Company, with a selection of more than 500 beers and a reflective metallic-topped table at which to drink. On Tuesday each week, however, the bar transforms into an institute of higher learning: Beer College. Between its exposed brick walls, students learn about eclectic topics, from home-brewing to pairing beer with food—rather than drinking beer and then eating the empty bottle. The walls themselves offer inspiration, with their shelves stocked with diverse beers such as Denver Pale Ale and Duvel.
a great place to actually learn about beer. They have a knowledgeable staffWill N., Yelp, 12/3/11
The staff is knowledgable and helpfull [<i>sic</i>]. Come on down and expand your beer horizons, you'll be glad you did.David P., Yelp, 9/4/11
Tips from Groupon Customers
“This place is awesome and the beer colleges are great. Very knowledgeable host and the guests we met are all nice. Would recommend it to all beer lovers!”
“Great class, learned a lot!”
2116 Greenville Ave
Dallas, Texas 75206Get Directions