Fencing is America’s favorite sport because it combines the visceral excitement of swordplay with the stylish outfits of beekeeping. Fight fashionably with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $43 for four introductory fencing classes (a $120 value)
- $61 for six introductory fencing classes (a $180 value)
The introductory program is broken up into four one-hour sessions, beginning the first week of each month:
- Week one: introduction to foil, saber, and epee, with salute and footwork
- Week two: foil specifics including footwork and right-of-way
- Week three: saber specifics including footwork and right-of-way
- Week four: epee specifics including footwork, no right-of-way, and electronic judging
The six-week option allows for the students choice of any two follow-ups for reinforcement. Classes are divided into youth (ages 8—12) and adult (age 13 and up), and all weapons and equipment are provided.
The Fencing Center
With a three-time Kazakhstani national fencing champion, a professional member of the USFA, and a three-weapon Moniteur d'Escrime recipient on the coaching staff, The Fencing Center immerses students in an environment of highly decorated international fencing achievement. The parrying nonprofit was founded in 1981, at which point it began churning out champions at all levels from local to international. Before entertaining dreams of gold medals or swashbuckling chandelier swings, newcomers to the piste must start out with introductory and beginning classes. With commitment and hard work, they’ll then graduate to advanced fencing or competitive training programs in epée, foil, or saber.
The instructors are top notch and friendly. I can't wait to go back.John T., Yelp, 6/25/11
Best fencing school in the bay area. Love the people and the vibe.T S., Yelp, 9/9/12
1290 South 1st Street
San Jose, California 95110