Pilots are the cowboys of the air, roaming the wide-open skies and herding children's runaway balloons. Giddy up, up, and away with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$59 for a weekday extended discovery-flight session for one (a $120 total value)
- 15–20 minutes of ground instruction (a $42 value)
- 40 minutes of flight time with an FAA-certified instructor (a $78 value)
- The student can help guide the plane through a series of turns, climbs, and descents.
$149 for a three-hour private-pilot training package (a $304.80 total value)
- Flight and ground instruction (a $126 value)
- Time in an FAA-approved flight simulator (a $42 value)
- Headset rental (a $3 value)
- 50 minutes of instructor-assisted flight time in an aircraft (an $88.80 value)
- Logbook (a $15 value)
- The 1.3 total hours of simulator and in-air training can be recorded and applied toward a pilot’s license.
- Although the entire experience takes about three hours, the ground instruction and flight time can be scheduled on different days.
Both options are open to children as well as adults and are best suited for ages 10 and older. All people on flight must have their own Groupon.
The Flight School
A 2012 Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association's Outstanding Flight School, The Flight School's FAA-certified instructors propel aspiring pilots toward their aviation goals, starting students off on their paths to becoming jet-flying professionals or recreational pilots with complete mastery of the fundamentals. In addition to explaining theory during ground instruction and using an FAA-certified PI-135 flight simulator to safely begin developing the necessary in-flight skills, the instructors take students airborne for hands-on practice. The rental fleet boasts nine aircraft, including a Cessna 172, a Piper Arrow, and a twin-engine flying carpet.