Thriving in the outdoors demands skills that many of us no longer have, such as identifying plants by sight or finding enough tree bark to feed your horse. Spark your instincts with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $25 for a one-year family membership (a $50 value)
- $35 for a one-year family membership and $20 toward an adult class for one (a $70 value)
Family-membership benefits include the following:
- Discounts at area gardening retailers, including Navlet's Garden Center at multiple area locations and Annie's Annuals & Perennials in Richmond
- 10% off at The Gardens at Heather Farm's spring and fall plant sales
- Discounted enrollment for adult gardening classes
- Invitations to garden and nursery tours, lectures, preview sales, and other special events
- Free or discounted admission to 270 participating gardens around the country, including 24 in California
The Gardens at Heather Farm
Visitors gape at a vivid canvas of blossoming flowers and well-kept greenery as they stroll across the Gardens at Heather Farm, a 6.5-acre facility dedicated to ecologically responsible gardening. The grounds encompass more than 20 gardens, including the Cowden Rose Garden, where blossoming roses spring from the earth and cluster around trellises, poles, and arbors in dazzling displays. The Diablo Ascent Garden recreates the experience of ascending nearby slope Mt. Diablo and discovering a creekbed surrounded by a variety of plant colors and textures, while the Butterfly Garden draws in its eponymous insects with nectar-providing perennial and annual blossoms.
In addition to providing natural beauty, the gardens also serve as a living, photosynthesizing classroom for a variety of educational tours and gardening classes. Each flowerbed exemplifies top-notch horticultural practices—such as hydrozoning, where plants are grouped based on their water needs—and the grounds are entirely pesticide-free. Visitors can learn various flower-enriching techniques by enrolling in classes, consulting one of the onsite gardeners, or bribing a bumblebee for insider tips.
We come here quite often. It is a lovely, peaceful, beautiful place.Cara S., Yelp, 9/1/11
All calm and peaceful with many benches, many facing through the garden to the fountains in the pond in the park.Menlo K., Yelp, 10/14/11
1540 Marchbanks Dr.
Walnut Creek, California 94598