A few scoops of gelato can bring much-needed relief to those who live in hot climates or are exhausted after screaming endlessly for ice cream. Soothe parched throats with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $7 for Two Chef Gelato Wars Scoops ($10 Value)
- $23 for Local Chef Gelato Wars Large Three Flavor Party Pack ($40 Value)
Choose two small scoops of the chef’s signature flavors of Italian gelato, or opt for 2.5 pounds of gelato in three gourmet flavors. Choose from the following chefs and flavors:
- Keenan Bosworth, Pig & Pickle - Goat Cheese Gelato with Carrot Cake Chunks
- Gio Osso, Virtu - Honey Toasted Almond Biscotti
- Michael O’Dowd, Urban Vine - MOD Mole
- Matt Carter, The Mission & Zinc Bistro & The House - Sweet Corn with Truffle Honey with Wild Blueberry Sauce
- Josh Hebert, Posh - White Chocolate Stracciatella w. Amarena Cherry Sauce
Tracy Dempsey, Tracy Dempsey Originals (2013 Gelato Wars Winner) - Camelback Crunch White Chocolate, Roasted Pistachios, Honey Comb, Dried Apricot, Chocolate Ganache Swirl
- Josh Bracher, The Second Story Liquor Bar - Sage Brown Butter and Candied Cashew
- Justin Beckett & Jeff Schoening, Beckett’s Table - Buttermilk Pie with Wildberry Sauce
- Scott Holmes, Little Miss BBQ - Smoked Banana Pudding with Vanilla Wafers
- Walter Sterling, Ocotillo (Opens Late 2014) - Vegan Chocolate Sorbet with Smoked Almonds & Caramel
Throughout August, the three Valley Gelato Spot locations are hosting their 2nd Annual Gelato Wars, where chefs from local restaurants create custom flavors of gelato in an effort to sell the most. Use this Groupon to buy one of the 10 chef-designed flavors and help them win $500 cash, a trophy, and a $5,000 check presented on their behalf to Make-A-Wish Arizona. You can also donate to Make-A-Wish Arizona by checking out our Groupon Grassroots campaign. Click here to learn more.
The Gelato Spot
The Gelato Spot’s frozen-dairy hotshots merge ingredients imported from Torino, Italy, and churn a bevy of creamy gelati and sorbets daily. The gelateria’s small tongue-chilling batches have earned the shop the title of Best Frozen-Yogurt/Ice Cream Spot in AZ Central's 2011 readers’ poll, which praises the eatery’s extravagant displays and cheerful staff. Though The Gelato Spot specializes in traditional Italian flavors, such as stracciatella and amarena, they also craft American renditions such as Snickers, new york cheesecake, and salted caramel. As diners shovel in glacial delights on The Gelato Spot's heated and misted patio, they can also cruise the web with complimentary WiFi.
“SO yummy and try some flavors they are AMAZING!”
“A perfect place to get a great tasting pizza that won't weigh you down when you're done eating!”
“Good food, drinks (tea, coffee, beer) and of course yummy gelato! ”