It's difficult to hit a target from far away, which is why holes in one are rare and the Goodyear blimp has never been shot successfully with an arrow. Drive hard with a vengeance, thanks to this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $55 for a golf outing for two (up to a $115 total value)
- $95 for a golf outing for four (up to a $230 total value)
Each option includes:
- 18-hole round of golf (up to a $46 value/person)
- Cart rental (one per two golfers) (a $6 value/person)
- Bucket of driving range balls per person (a $5.50 value/person)
The Hideout Golf Club
Fair but challenging seems to be the ethos of course architect Bill Johnston and The Hideout Golf Club, the 18-hole, 6,981-yard grassy gem sculpted into the scenic area surrounding Lake Brownwood. The par 72 flows through a circuit of wide fairways that let players liberally use their driver. Though treacherously placed, The Hideout’s sandtraps are also fair—most will reward a sound bunker shot. But while golfers will appreciate the player-friendly features, they shouldn’t take the course lightly. Ravines and water hazards come into play on multiple holes, and the course plays to a formidable 74.1 rating from the tips. To make the club even more hospitable, The Hideout has a dynamic practice facility with a 5,000 square-foot practice green and a full-length driving range, where golfers can practice hitting with every club and mastodon fossil in their bag.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par-72 course designed by Bill Johnston
- Length of 6,981 from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 74.1 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 139 from the farthest tees
- Four tee options