Science is more than just a class you had to take in high school; it's also what the people who taught those classes do in their free time. Enrich yourself with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$5 for admission for two (a $10 value)
$10 for admission for four (a $20 value)
$25 for a one-year family membership (a $50 value)
Family memberships include:
- Unlimited free admission for two adults and up to three children or grandchildren aged 17 or younger
- Reduced rates for lectures, classes, and special events
- 10% discount on all merchandise in the museum shop
- Early and discounted registration for kids’ weather camps
- Free subscription to the museum newsletter and calendar
- Invitations to members-only special events, previews, and special museum nights
The John C. Freeman Weather Museum
The John C. Freeman Weather Museum, which was founded by a meteorologist whose lengthy resumé includes forecasting and research for the U.S. Army Air Force and the U.S. Weather Bureau, hosts a variety of exhibits and experiences. Groups of up to 50 people explore nine exhibits devoted to various aspects of Dr. Freeman's field, either on self-guided or meteorologist-guided tours. The attractions include the WRC-TV weather studio, where guests are encouraged to create weather forecasts using interactive weather maps and green screen technology, the cyclone room which displays images of past hurricanes and computer models of possible future storms, and a tornado chamber where guests can witness and touch a tornado created in water vapor while learning how a vortex forms.