$25 for Charity Marathon or Triathlon Training from Team In Training Atlanta ($100 Value)

Atlanta

Give as a Gift
3 bought
Limited quantity available

It feels great to give money to someone, especially if that someone is a child and that child grows up to win the big baseball championship. Back a winner with this Groupon.

The Deal

  • $25 for marathon or triathlon training (a $100 value)

The training sessions meet weekly for four to five months, and proceeds benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Team In Training Atlanta

Two numbers help explain the work being done at Team In Training: 570,000 and 1.32 billion. The first figure is the number of people who have crossed a marathon, triathlon, or cycling event finish line thanks to training from the organization's team of experienced coaches. The second figure is the amount of money those endurance training sessions have raised for leukemia research.

Numbers alone don't define Team In Training's movement, however. There's also a willingness to help that stems from the first of those 570,000 people, a man named Bruce Cleland. To raise money for leukemia research he and a group of friends signed up for the 1988 New York City Marathon, the city's famous race around the Statue of Liberty. The practice runs leading up to 26 miles were no doubt taxing but Cleland had extra motivation. His daughter had leukemia. On the day of the race, the group raised $322,000 and, more importantly, set Team In Training in motion.

Today, 25 years later, the sensibility of Cleland and others like him still guides the organization. It only supports promising advances such as targeted therapy and immunotherapy and its transparency about where the money goes shows that 78% goes directly to the program's services and the other 22% goes directly to the program's services.

  1. A

    Atlanta

    3715 Northside Pkwy. NW, Bldg. 400, Ste. 300

    Atlanta, Georgia 30327

    404-720-7842

    Get Directions

In a Nutshell

Prepare for an upcoming marathon or triathlon during this 4–5 month training spree; proceeds from the sessions benefit cancer research

The Fine Print

Expires Feb 15th, 2014. Limit 1 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Must register by the expiration date on your Groupon. Must sign waiver. Not valid for race entry. Fundraising minimum applies. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.

For those who take care of their overall well-being with exercise, yoga, and balanced nutrition

All Locations

  • Atlanta (526.4 miles)

    3715 Northside Pkwy. NW, Bldg. 400, Ste. 300

    Atlanta, Georgia 30327

view on map