It can be hard to find new things to do with friends, especially if you just met them in an elevator you're still trapped inside. Think outside the box with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $17 for an individual museum membership ($30 value)
- $26 for a family museum membership for two adults and their children ($50 value)
See the individual and family memberships for more information on what’s included in each membership.
The Museum of Old Newbury
Some museums simply tell the history of their subject, but The Museum of Old Newbury actually plays a role in history. Located in a stately manse that's as much an exhibit as anything within its walls, the historical society was founded in 1877. The museum is also home to a research library specializing in local genealogy and a photography collection of more than 14,000 images of a past age.
- Size: the museum boasts four main areas: the Caleb Cushing House, the Garden, the Carriage House, and the Perkins Engraving Plant, which played a crucial role in the early minting of Massachusetts currency
- Eye Catcher: the collection of the old Newburyport Marine Society, which includes curiosities and artifacts found all over the world by sailors in the 18th and 19th centuries
- Permanent Mainstay: guided tours held until 5 p.m. every Wednesday through Sunday explore the history of the home's artwork and relics
- Don't Miss: the 1870s wall-to-wall carpeting, the gas light fixtures, and the 19th century wallpaper, which aren't era-appropriate replicas—they're the real thing
- The Building: from 1818 to 1955, three generations of Cushings—some of which were ship-owners, merchants, judges, and diplomats—called this building home
98 High St
Newburyport, Massachusetts 01950