A tall, cool beverage is often the reward for making it through a difficult task, such as mowing the lawn or drinking a gallon of milk. Work up a thirst for this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$8 for an ice-cream punch card valid for the following at the Lynwood location (a $16.88 total value):
- Two 4-ounce ice-cream waffle cones (a $5.96 value)
- Two 4-ounce ice-cream sugar or cake cones (a $4.96 value)
- Two 4-ounce ice-cream sundaes (a $5.96 value)
$20 for a deluxe gourmet root-beer package (a $40.03 total value)
- Five regularly priced bottles of root beer or soda (a $9.15 value)
- One half-pound bag of root-beer taffy (a $3.95 value)
- One half-pound bag of Dad's root-beer barrels (a $3.95 value)
- One 4-ounce bag of root-beer popcorn (a $2.99 value)
- Membership to the Association of Root Beer Enthusiasts, which includes a bumper sticker, a welcome letter, an official certificate, and a root-beer discount card valid for one year (a $19.99 value)
The Root Beer Store
Sassafras, sarsaparilla, and vanilla: above all, these are the flavors celebrated by The Root Beer Store, which is chock-full of root beers from around the country. Owner Corey Anderson grew up making root beer with his dad, generating his admiration for root-beer culture. Anderson was featured on King 5 for his passion for the soft drink, which manifests in his selection of more than 100 types from craft root-beer makers. From Hawaii to Maine to Australia, the creativity of each brewer shines in the collection, which customers browse with visions of ice cubes and ice cream to accompany them. The staff is on hand to help home brewers make their own soda with root-beer kits, extracts from different brewers, and the lyrics to the chant sung to the root-beer lord before starting each batch.