Summer camps are the best way to give kids a taste of freedom without having them lick the Liberty Bell. Ring in summertime with this Groupon.
$85 for a one-week history day-camp session ($180 value, including registration fee if applicable)
- Tennessee Tales & Legends for ages 7–14, held June 9–13
- Stitching History for ages 9–15, held July 7–11
- Civil War Adventure for ages 7–14, held June 23–27 or July 14–18
- War of 1812 Adventure for ages 7–14, held July 21–25
- Time Travelers for ages 7–14, held July 28–August 1
Each program meets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. Before and after care is available for an additional fee.
Historic Travellers Rest Plantation & Museum
The oldest house in Nashville was built in 1799 as a home for Judge John Overton—a founder of Memphis and close friend of Andrew Jackson. Today, that house is the Historic Travellers Rest Plantation & Museum, and it chronicles both Judge Overton's life as well as the history of the city. Storytellers dressed in period garb are often on hand to educate kids on field trips. The grounds are also popular for weddings. See their FAQ page for additional information.