- $25 for one cooking class for two ($48 value)
- Sept. 16: At the Kitchen Door: Chef Kate Neumann
- Sept. 23: Vivere—Italian Village Restaurants: Executive Chief James Giacometti
- Sept. 30: Bistrot Margot: Executive Chef Alfonso Andrade
- Oct. 7: Knife & Tine: Chef Nate Park
- Oct. 14: Italian Village Restaurants
- Oct. 21: Ceres' Table: Executive Chef Giuseppe Scurato
- Oct 28: Fortune Fish, Hot Chocolate, and MK: Jon Novack, Mindy Segal, and Erick Williams
- Nov. 4: Italian Village: Chef David Jahnke
Treasure Island Foods
Julia Child called Treasure Island Foods "the most European supermarket in America"—and she's not the only chef who fell in love with the grocery-store chain. Carlos Gaytan, chef de cuisine at Mexique and former Iron Chef contestant, teaches at the store's star-studded cooking school, as do Bob and Gina Hartwig of Wicker Park's Lovely.
It's easy to explain the grocery stores' chef-appeal. Treasure Island's team annually scours the United States and European continent for the best products. These imports shine in every department, from the selection of balsamic vinegars to ham imported from Serrano. Foodies can also find delicacies such as live lobsters and shell-on Key West shrimp in the seafood department, or head to the bakery for fresh-baked treats. And Treasure Island Foods' pastries range from fresh croissants to traditional Greek pastries, made according to founder Christ Kamberos' old family recipes, rather than the graffiti on the walls of the Parthenon.
2121 N Clybourn Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60614