Learning is a lifelong endeavor, which means you should seek out new knowledge even after memorizing every answer in Trivial Pursuit. Broaden your horizons with this Groupon.
$49 for a one-year family membership ($80 value)
- Unlimited admission for two adults and up to four children under 18
- Discounts on select programs, classes, special events, and day passes for member guests
- 10% discount on regularly priced Museum Store merchandise and 20% off plant purchases in the nursery
- 10% off at C.R. Gibbs American Grille
- Free or reduced-price admission to 280+ museums and 200 botanical gardens and arboreta worldwide
- Click here to view a full list of benefits.
Turtle Bay Exploration Park
Sprawling across 300 acres, Turtle Bay Exploration Park has all the space it needs to showcase Northern California's ecosystems as well as the history of its people. Located in Redding, which was named one of the top affordable summer driving destinations by CBS News, this celebration of nature, anthropology, and art starts in the McConnell Arboretum. Its gardens use 200 acres to form a living map of the five major Mediterranean climate zones: Chile, South Africa, Australia, the Mediterranean basin, and California. In addition to providing picturesque views, these gardens use water-wise methods to emphasize the importance of sustainability.
- Paul Bunyan’s Forest Camp displays artifacts and photographs from early lumber camps while also teaching visitors about the local birds and reptiles that continue to thrive in the nearby forests.
- The Turtle Bay Museum helps visitors explore the region's animal life or general scientific topics through rotating exhibits along with a 22,000 square foot aquarium.
- The Sundial Bridge features sweeping, 217-foot pylon that supports the bridge's elegant design while minimizing its environmental impact on the river below.
- Buster Simpson's The Monolith is an installation built inside the ruins of the Kutras Aggregate Plant, which provided the gravel used to create the concrete for Shasta Dam.
We've been here a few times now and love it! It is a peaceful place with lots of parking and friendly staff.Rachel B., Yelp, 1/3/11
“Turtle Bay is a great place to take the whole family! I highly recommend this Groupon- it was a great deal for our family that will ensure a full year of quality...”
“Turtle Bay is a great place to take the whole family! I highly recommend this Groupon- it was a great deal for our family that will ensure a full year of quality educational fun! ”
“Size of park good for children's attention span. Very good condition and all of personnel friendly and helpful.”
“This is a great deal plus you get other great science museums for free. We love Turtle Bay Exploration Park. ”
844 Sundial Bridge Dr.
Redding, California 96001