Americans have always been determined to blaze new trails, whether wading through the waist-deep layer of tumbleweeds covering Texas or hacking through the petrified forest of national flags on the moon. Conquer the final frontier, the ocean, with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $149 for a scuba-certification course and dive for one (a $480 value)
- $249 for a scuba-certification course and dive for two (a $960 value)
Each course includes the following per person:
- Three classroom sessions and three pool sessions (a $200 value)
- Open-water certification and identification card (a $45 value each)
- Free air-fill card per person (a $60 value each)
- Five open-water dives over one weekend in Lake Pleasant (a $150 value)
- Entry to the gear rental program with credits toward gear purchases (a $25 value)
Classes take place over the course of one month, filled on a first-come first-serve basis with limited space available for each course and filz. Customers must schedule their classes in person at the shop, and provide their own scuba-quality mask, fins, snorkel, and wetsuit boots. Groupon purchasers may buy these items on site for up to 30% off, starting at $159 after the discount.
Ultimate Dive and Travel
The certified divers at Ultimate Dive and Travel draw on years of experience to help students gain scuba-diving certification with and underwater savvy. Certification courses include classroom instruction, where students glean diving basics through textbooks, DVD lessons, and in-depth interviews with retired manta rays. Pool sessions help familiarize pupils with their equipment within the security and comfort of a swimming pool. The final legs of the course come with open dives at Lake Pleasant, where participants earn their open-water certification. Ultimate Dive and Travel is also an authorized dealer of subaqueous gear from brands such as Scuba Pro, Oceanic, Henderson, and Atomic Aquatic.
6969 East Shea Boulevard
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254