Raw fish, like snowballs, must be rolled with care before being thrown at a school superintendent for refusing to call a snow day. Enjoy well-crafted, conveniently projectile edibles with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$37 for a four-course tasting dinner for two (up to an $76 value)
- Choice of two house salads, one order of edamame, one order of pork gyoza dumplings, one goma-ae blanched spinach salad, or one seaweed salad (up to a $10 value)
- Choice of Red Dragon maki roll, Summer maki roll, Caterpillar maki roll, Snowball maki roll, or rainbow maki roll (up to a $14 value)
- Any one maki mono roll, such as the spicy salmon roll or california roll (up to a $10 value)
- Any one entree (barring seared Chilean sea bass and mango shrimp), such as sesame chicken or Honey Moon shrimp, and a side of Japanese rice (up to a $20 value)
- Two glasses of cold nigori unfiltered sake, or saketinis, or dirtytinis (up to an $11 each)
$20 for $40 worth of sushi and pan-Asian cuisine
Sushi-entree platters display favorites such as salmon sashimi, barbecue eel, or fresh nigiri, accompanied by a choice of clear or miso soup ($20–$45). The Arizona Sunrise roll folds two types of tuna in a mantle of tempura asparagus, cilantro, chili oil, and lime ($16). On the unrolled side of the menu, chilies add fire to shrimp, scallops, and calamari luxuriating in the Thai Ocean noodle's citrus-lemongrass broth ($15), and a hot pan sears spicy song lyrics into a juicy, tonkatsu pork tenderloin dusted with panko breadcrumbs ($18).
Usagi Ya Sushi and Pan Asian
In Usagi Ya Sushi and Pan Asian's softly lit lounge— featured as a favorite in StyleChicago for both its "funky, urban flair," and "surprisingly serene" ambiance, as well as recommended on the 2013 Michelin Guide—chefs spice an artfully plated menu with flavors culled from throughout the Pacific Rim. Fresh Japanese cuisine predominates, with more than 60 sushi, sashimi, and maki rolls waiting to tempt palates or adorn avant-garde headwear. Inside Usagi Ya Sushi and Pan Asian's astral dining room, a glowing wall of glass shelves rises behind a long, umber sushi bar. Two rows of glossy black tables line the opposite side, where candles illuminate white-and-gold banquettes and an undulating, sage-colored wall panel.