Building a miniature ship inside a bottle is impressive, but not as impressive as forging a giant glass shell around yourself and waiting for your family to come home and find you. Do something crafty with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $75 for a three-month membership to the open-sewing studio (a $150 value)
- $99 for a three-month membership to the open-sewing studio and one Sewing Basics class (a $200 value)
- $25 for a 2.5-hour Sewing Basics class for one (a $50 value)
- $39 for a 2.5-hour Sewing Basics class for two (a $100 value)
During open sewing sessions, knowledgeable staff members assist guests and answer questions. Membership grants access to the studio's supplies, including:
- Easy-to-use sewing machines and large work surfaces
- Large mats and rulers, quilting boards, and irons
- Simple upholstery tools
- Scissors, chalk, seam rippers, pins, and other accessories
- Studio books, patterns, and magazines
The beginner's Sewing Basics class teaches students how to thread a sewing machine, create a double hem, perform simple sewing techniques, and use a seam ripper. All materials are included.
See the full schedule for sewing classes and open sewing sessions.
West Seattle Fabric Company’s Stitch & Sew Studio
West Seattle Fabric Company's sewing emporium extends to the new Stitch and Sew Studio, which is located down the street from the fabric store. Within this creative haven, guests are encouraged to flex their imagination with the studio's collection of easy-to-use sewing machines and ample work surfaces. In the bright, open studio, instructors teach patrons of all skill levels—during classes, events, and parties—sewing and quilting tips and tricks. From alteration lessons to quilt binding and mending, new Stich and Sew Studio provides clear and simple instruction in a friendly and casual atmosphere. And during open sewing sessions and sewing classes, staff members dispense pro tips as students harness the studio's patterns and tools to whip up pillow shams, dresses, and curtains to shade their stuffed animal cloning lab.
5910 California Ave. SW
Seattle, Washington 98136