It takes many different ingredients to make a single meal, just as it takes many different tiny robots to make a lifelike celebrity. Enjoy the parts of a whole with this Groupon.
$29 for Local Fare and Craft Beer for Two ($59.85 Value)
Choose from 17 available seating times:
- May 23, 24, 30, or 31 or June 1, 5, 6, or 7 at 7 p.m. or 9 p.m.
- May 25 at 9 p.m.
Using local ingredients, chefs and bartenders build a menu of three small plates and two desserts for shared noshing, then pair them with two flights of four local craft beers. The American craft beers are paired with a hand-selected menu and representatives from the brewers or distributors will be available to discuss the beers and food pairings. Groupon customers will learn about beer-making, the brewing process, and the essentials of tasting. Though the menus may change, the current tasting menu includes:
- Three mini pizzas with toppings such as mozzarella, pear and gorgonzola, and pesto chicken (an $11.95 value)
- Bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with chorizo and manchego (a $10.95 value)
- Roast tomatoes on ciabatta (a $9.95 value)
- Double chocolate stout cake (a $4 value)
- Banana bread pudding made with Well’s Banana Bread Beer (a $5 value)
- Flight of four craft beers, including three that pair with small plates and one that pairs with dessert (an $18 value)
Wicked Awesome Snackbar
Chefs Paul Berger and Scott Fischer met as contestants on Master Chef, and even though neither made it far on the show, they quickly discovered a mutual passion for locally produced foods and unique snacks. It wasn’t long before the duo poured their shared enthusiasm into opening Wicked Awesome Snackbar, a casual neighborhood eatery that uses entirely locally grown and organic ingredients and bakes all its eclectic breads and pastries fresh daily. The menu features casual small plates such as salads sprinkled with blue cheese and craisins, sandwiches laden with vegetables and seasoned meats, and three pizzas named after Boston neighborhoods famous for containing more pizzas than people.
To orchestrate meal finales, Wicked Awesome crafts an ever-evolving snack menu of sweets such as double-chocolate-chip cookies and salted-caramel whoopie pies. More than 30 local and national craft beers complement each dish, a few of which even find their way into the eatery’s breads and desserts. The menu appears etched on a chalkboard behind the bar and, like the giant lazy susan that supports the earth’s mass, rotates daily.
20642 S State Rd. 7
Boca Raton, Florida 33434