Playing a round of golf is a contest between man and nature, much like betting a tree it can't drink a gallon of milk. Pit yourself against the elements with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $43 for an 18-hole round of golf for for two people with one rental cart and one small bucket of range balls, redeemable on weekdays only (up to $87 value)
- $87 for an 18-hole round of golf for for four people with two rental carts and two small buckets of range balls, redeemable on weekdays only (up to $174 value)
- $66 for an 18-hole round of golf for for two people with one rental cart and one small bucket of range balls, redeemable on weekends and holidays (up to $101 value)
- $128 for an 18-hole round of golf for for four people with two rental carts and two small buckets of range balls, redeemable on weekends and holidays (up to $202 value)
Winchendon Golf Club
First laid out in 1926 by influential course architect Donald Ross, whose 413-course resumé includes Pinehurst No. 2 at Pinehurst Resort, Winchendon Golf Club’s 18-hole course stretches over 5,512 yards of tree-dotted New England countryside. The par 70 layout remains true to its original design, with narrow fairways cut through thick curtains of trees that part intermittently to reveal scenic views of Mount Monadnock and squirrels changing clothes. Small, undulating greens await at the end of each hole, offering a slick blend of bent and poa grass that presents more challenging putts than golfers may expect upon their first visit. Golfers can prepare for their rounds with a bite at the onsite bar and grill or by loading up on golf balls at the pro shop, which sells an array of golf equipment and apparel emblazoned with the Winchendon Golf Club logo or pictures of clients’ favorite mini-golf obstacle.
Course at a Glance:
- Designed in 1926 by Donald Ross
- 18-hole, par 70 course
- Length of 5,512 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 67.8 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 122 from the farthest tees
- Bent- and poa-grass greens
“Great Golf Course and Great Service”
“Excellent course, well maintained with very polite and helpful staff . Skinny and kind of short but a nice Donald Ross course, we'll be back for sure ”
“fun time, friendly staff, interesting course with the front 9 playing more target and the back 9 more open and longer”
Winchendon School Golf Course
435 Spring St.
Winchendon, MA 01475