Parents will always praise their child's artwork, even if it's a lumpy clay ashtray or a reproduction Matisse that's clearly in the style of Monet. Patronize a young artist with this Groupon.
Choose between Two Options
- $20 for a two-hour children's art lesson (a $45 value)
$12 for a one-hour children's art lesson (a $25 value)
To see the full list of available lessons, click here.
Four Things to Know About Crayons
Coloring with crayons helps kids identify colors while working on their fine-motor skills. Check out Groupon’s guide to these educational art materials.
1. The first crayons cost less than 1 cent each. The first boxes of Crayola crayons sold in 1903 cost a nickel. Each box contained eight colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, brown, and black. As of 2014, Crayola makes a total of 120 colors, including 23 varieties of red alone.
2. They have a distinct smell. According to a Yale study, crayons are the 18th most recognizable smell to American adults. Topping the list: coffee and peanut butter.
3. Sure, you can eat them. Just as the crayons themselves are nontoxic, Crayola’s paper labels use a glue made from cornstarch and water, making them safe—though not advisable—to consume. Before the company used machines to apply the labels, local farmers used to do it by hand as a way to supplement their income during the winter.
4. Crayons are a national treasure. In 1958, Crayola wowed the coloring world with a box of 64 colors as well as a built-in crayon sharpener—an innovation that earned it a place in the National Museum of American History, right next to the original draft of the Constitution scrawled in magic marker.
79% of 19 customers recommend
“Wonderful class! My 10&12 yo boys loved making me paintings-they turned out great. The custom made cardboard frame pieces were a Pretty good deal too ($7) We will...”
“Wonderful class! My 10&12 yo boys loved making me paintings-they turned out great. The custom made cardboard frame pieces were a Pretty good deal too ($7) We will definitely be returning!”
“This place is amazing! One of the best groupons I have purchased.”
“A very fun experience for kids! The ladies assisting the kids are great. Very patience and helpful. My grandkids can't wait to go again!”
Tigard Neighborhood Area 4
9585 Southwest Washington Square Road
Portland, Oregon 97223