The Farmer's Inn earns its moniker from the lengthy history resonating through its century-old walls. Housed within a farmer-friendly inn dating to 1896, the eatery maintains much of its antique charm, including the bright red and white walls and white clothed tables. In the center of the restaurant, a 16-foot bar built in 1910 by Anheuser-Busch and delivered by horse and carriage, hoists chalices of bubbly brews. The second-floor dance hall, opened shortly after Prohibition by then-owner Otto Rodemich, once inspired feet to tap, hips to sashay, and earlobes to levitate. In the 1950s, John and Cora Chapman took the reins of the restaurant and churned out hearty homestyle meals, such as Sunday fried chicken, well into the 1970s. In 2005, the inn fell into the hands of current owner Steve Duebelbeis, who restored the premises to its current state, complete with hearty American fare, such as steak sandwiches and buttermilk pancakes, served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.