Five Things to Know About Kaffeeklatsch Seattle
Kaffeeklatsch Seattle is a Lake City meeting place fueled by expertly made espresso drinks and handcrafted baked goods. Here are some important points to keep in mind if you plan to visit.
- Its name translates to “coffee gossip.” This term traces back to 1900, when women gathered at their friends’ homes to chat over coffee since they weren’t allowed in public coffeehouses.
- True North Coffee supplies the beans. And they’re certified fair trade.
- Kaffeeklatsch serves up a special Lake City Blend. It’s a combination of medium-roast coffees, which combine to create an earthy flavor with a hint of caramel.
- You can snack on German pastries and cakes. They serve up traditional recipes just like co-owner Annette Heide-Jessen remembers from growing up in Berlin.
- The shop is eco-friendly. Tea bags and cups go in the compost bin, and reclaimed chairs and ceramic cups reduce waste while creating a homey atmosphere.