Five Things to Know About Phayathai Restaurant
Tucked away in the quiet neighborhood of Maple Leaf, Phayathai Restaurant makes the journey worth your while by serving up plates of green curry, tom yum soup, and fried rice. Here are a few things to keep in mind before ordering:
- It’s pronounced “Pie-ya-tie.”
- The spring rolls are the size of burritos. Phayathai’s Roll Ro Jang are over-sized veggie spring rolls, perfect for sharing and dipping in plum sauce.
- Roti isn’t just for mopping up extra curry sauce. Drizzled with sweetened condensed milk and topped with whipped cream and a cherry, it makes for a tasty dessert, too.
- It’s a little hard to find. You’ll have to make your way under an apartment building and its parking lot to find the restaurant, but it’s worth the trek—warm decor with pendant lighting and wood accents awaits.
- The Green Bean Wok is a favorite among diners. Cooks saute green beans in a secret spicy sauce made from a family recipe.