Groupon may prohibit your use of Groupon Reserve for any reason in its sole discretion. Actions that could cause Groupon to prohibit your use of Groupon Reserve include, but are not limited to:
- Changing the time or date of a reservation more than five times;
- Contacting Merchants directly to attempt to modify the time, date or other parameters of a reservation;
- Arriving at a Merchant’s business at a time or with a party size other than that specified in your reservation confirmation and requesting a discount;
- Failing to cancel a reservation which you do not plan to attend; or
- Committing fraud of any kind including with regard to your obligation to pay the Merchant in full for services rendered.
There are several ways you can receive Groupon Bucks. You can earn Groupon Bucks by participating in various promotional activities and responding to certain offers (“Promotional Activity”). Groupon may also issue Groupon Bucks to your account for refunded purchases, or for other reasons within its discretion; or you may purchase Groupon Bucks in various increments on Groupon gift cards.
- Promotional Activity. In order to earn Groupon Bucks indicated in the Promotional Activity materials, you must comply with the terms of the applicable Promotional Activity. Groupon may issue Groupon Bucks to your account directly or provide you with a promotional code valid for a certain amount of Groupon Bucks. If Groupon issues the Groupon Bucks directly to your account and a Promotional Activity must be validated, Groupon Bucks may not appear in your account for up to ten (10) business days. Promotional codes, valid for a certain amount of Groupon Bucks, are governed by the terms and conditions disclosed on or distributed with the specific promotional code.
- Refunds. Groupon Bucks received as a refund of the amount you pay will be added to your account by Groupon. Groupon Bucks received as a refund of the amount you pay do not expire.
- Groupon Gift Cards. Groupon Bucks acquired through Groupon gift cards are governed by the terms and conditions disclosed on or distributed with the specific gift card. Groupon Bucks acquired through your use of a Groupon gift card may expire in accordance with applicable law.
You are responsible for ensuring that Groupon Bucks you earn, purchase or are awarded as credits are added to your Groupon account. If you have Groupon Bucks in your account, the Groupon Bucks will automatically be the first form of payment applied to your future Groupon purchases.
Your Groupon Bucks cannot be resold or otherwise transferred. Your Groupon Bucks cannot be combined or merged with Groupon Bucks in another Groupon user’s account. Access to Groupon Bucks or related account information may not be sold or distributed to others. Unauthorized or fraudulent use, resale or distribution of Groupon Bucks is prohibited. Groupon reserves the right to cancel, revoke or otherwise prevent the issuance of Groupon Bucks in cases of mistake and in any suspected case of unauthorized or fraudulent use.
Groupon’s Refer-a-Friend program (“RAF Program”) is a Promotional Activity by which you may earn Groupon Bucks if a non-Groupon customer you refer becomes a Groupon customer and makes a qualifying purchase on the Site. You may earn up to a maximum of $100 in Groupon Bucks over the lifetime of your participation across all referrals (“Lifetime Program Limit”). In order to be eligible to earn Groupon Bucks through the RAF Program, you must be eligible to accumulate and redeem Groupon Bucks, maintain a Groupon account in good standing and be under the Lifetime Program Limit.
To participate, refer friends who are not current Groupon subscribers and who have never purchased a Voucher from the Site (“New User”) by sending them your personal referral link (“Unique Link”), available on the Site or provided to you as a recipient of an invite-only special offer. For a New User who accesses your Unique Link and, within the following seventy-two (72) hours (i) registers on the Site, and (ii) makes an initial purchase of a Groupon offer priced at ten dollars ($10) or more (“Eligible Offer”), Groupon will, within a reasonable amount of time, post to your account any Groupon Bucks you are eligible to receive, up to the Lifetime Program Limit.
Groupon reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the RAF Program, either temporarily or permanently (or any part thereof), with or without notice. Groupon will not be liable to you in the event of any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the RAF Program.
Groupon Freebies is a feature within the Site that makes available digital and printable Merchant Coupons, promotional codes, giveaways, samples, offers for software downloads and more. All content located within the Groupon Freebies portion of the Site consists of Merchant or third party content not endorsed or recommended by Groupon. You understand that Groupon: (i) does not and cannot review the content made available on Groupon Freebies; (ii) Groupon does not validate or guarantee any of the content made available on Groupon Freebies; and (iii) Groupon is not a party to any transaction you make on a Merchant’s site or third party site.
Groupon Games is a feature within the Site that makes available to certain users the ability to play a promotional game, through which, you may receive a discount, Groupon Bucks, or another stated prize. Groupon may prohibit your use of Groupon Games for any reason in its sole discretion.