Looking for a deal?
From Our Editors
In 1945, brothers John and Leonard Jacobs opened a butcher shop in Appleton and began selling fresh cuts of meat and sausages smoked in their own smokehouses. Current owners Ed Jacobs and his son, Luke, preserve the elder Jacobs' butchering practices in addition to the humble aesthetic of their longtime headquarters. Black-and-white photographs on the walls depict the shop's early years, but the freezers, meat cases, and miniature igloos filled with USDA Choice beef, pork, chicken, and Gulf shrimp are all new. The Jacobs craft German-style sausages in-house and fill natural casings with pork and beef to make their own signature brats. In addition to freshly butchered steaks and meats, patrons can also find aged cheeses and maple syrup native to Wisconsin in the store or take-and-bake pizzas prepared daily.