From Our Editors
Austin Cake Ball: A User’s Guide
- Salted Caramel: pure caramel extract, golden fleur de sel vanilla bean caramel, sea salt, salted caramel buttercream, coarse finishing sugar
- Mexican Chocolate: pure Mexican vanilla extract, cinnamon, ancho, cayenne, light brown sugar, sweet cream Vermont buttermilk, Belgian chocolate buttercream
- S’mores: Round Rock honey, light brown sugar, toasted marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate chunks, marshmallow buttercream, dusting of hand crushed graham cracker
High Praise: Over the years, several national media outlets and personalities have called attention to Austin Cake Ball. Some of these include Food Network Magazine, Everyday with Rachael Ray, and The Knot.
- Order online to get a 5% discount on the in-store price.
- Score free cake balls by showing up on your birthday (provided you sign up for the email alerts beforehand, that is).
- You can also pick cake balls up at Copper Restaurant & Dessert Lounge, as well as 150 Whole Foods locations across 15 states.
While You’re in the Neighborhood
Before: Grab a cup of organic, fair trade coffee from Monkey Nest Coffee (5353 Burnet Road) across the street to pair with your chosen cake ball.
After: Pick up a bottle of wine and some ingredients for a romantic dinner at épicerie Cafe & Grocery (2307 Hancock Dr.)