From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Cafe Mueller by H-E-B
Cafe Mueller by H-E-B serves slow-cooked Texas BBQ and brisket, small plates of gourmet comfort food, pizza, and Tex-Mex fusion all in a casual indoor environment with a sunny outdoor patio. Read on to discover what keeps people coming back for more:
- It’s not just for carnivores. a vegan sandwich on sourdough, avocado and mango habanero tacos, an apple walnut salad, and crispy brussels sprouts are just a handful of the meat-free options that dot the expansive menu.
- Nor is it just for adults. A kids’ menu includes classics like mac and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, and chicken tenders.
- The best time to visit may be Sunday afternoon. Brunch descends upon the eatery each Sunday and along with it, mouthwatering offerings in the form of huevos rancheros pizza, BBQ breakfast tacos, and Belgian waffles.
- It takes its drinks seriously. Texas-brewed craft beers and rare wines are among the wide ranging selection.
- Savvy customers take their meal with a suntan. Anyone can catch some rays sitting on the outdoor patio, which is also the home to live bands Friday–Sunday.