From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Fishey Bizness Seafood Co.
Owned by Brownsville native Dennis White, Fishey Bizness Seafood Co. serves up a menu of fresh fish and Gulf shrimp from a festively decorated trailer on Brodie Lane. Here are a few things to know about this popular roadside stop:
- Dennis’s family has been in the seafood biz for decades. His father shrimped for most of his life, and his father-in-law owns a string of seafood restaurants in south Texas.
- Baskets anchor the menu. They’re filled with golden-fried shrimp, fish fillets, or oysters, and they come with fries, a roll, and your choice of sauce.
- There are a few Cajun-inspired options, too. They include shrimp gumbo and a handful of different po boys served on toasted bread.
- All the seating is outside. Red umbrellas punctuate a smattering of picnic tables beneath the grove of trees residing near the trailer.
- Be sure to stop by on Friday or Saturday. On those days, you can enjoy free beer and live music while kicking off the weekend on the tastiest of notes.