About this Business
- HoursSun1:00 PM - 4:00 PMMon-TueClosedWed-Sat10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
From Our Editors
1840 became a landmark year for teeth when the world's first college of dentistry opened in Baltimore. In 1904, the school moved to a new building on campus at the University of Maryland, Baltimore, and in 1996, that historic structure became the country's official monument to the dental profession, the National Museum of Dentistry.
- Size: about 7,000 square feet?small enough to explore in an afternoon and large enough to fit at least 17 dinosaur molars
- Eye Catcher: the massive set of chompers that helps kids practice their brush technique
- Permanent Mainstay: the dental accoutrements of historic figures, such as Queen Victoria's personal instruments and George Washington's decidedly non-wooden ivory dentures
- Don't Miss: a tour through the history of toothbrushes that takes visitors back thousands of years via real artifacts