Resort at a Glance: Chula Vista Resort
Even when it’s cold outside, Chula Vista Resort has a place for you and your kids to splash in. You’ll find there an 80,000-square-foot indoor water park where you can zip down a high-speed water coaster or lie back and relax on a lazy river.
- Splash when you stay: Four water park passes are included with this Getaway.
- Added perk: This Getaway includes a $25 dining credit valid at Kaminski’s Chop House or Kilbourn City Grill.
- Relax: Visit the on-site Spa Del Sol, named one of the best boutique spas in Wisconsin by Milwaukee Magazine, for a hydrating body wrap or custom facial. There’s also an outdoor hot-springs pool where you can unwind all year round.
- Historical golf course: Chula Vista’s 18-hole Cold Water Canyon Golf Course dates back to 1923.
- Where to eat: Head to any of several on-site dining venues for cuisine ranging from specialty pizzas to fresh seafood.
Wisconsin Dells: Picturesque Scenery and Family Entertainment
Before the Dells became synonymous with water parks and amusement rides, the Midwestern destination’s claim to fame was its scenery. Visitors in the mid-1940s came to see the craggy rock formations that frame both sides of the Wisconsin River. These bluffs—or dells—are still visible today from the downtown area, which is rife with kitschy attractions, from mini-golf courses to go-kart tracks.
But it’s safe to say that most visitors nowadays come for the water parks. In fact, the Dells area likely has more water slides per capita than any other spot on the planet. The fun doesn’t stop in the cooler months, either, thanks to a slew of indoor aquatic centers, many of which are nearly as elaborate as their outdoor rivals.