From Our Editors
Babbo Pizzeria: A User’s Guide
- Insalate: spinach and ricotta salad with truffle honey
- Pizza: sausage and radicchio with gorgonzola and bufala
- Secondi: half-pound of razor clams with garlic and lemon
- Dolci: apple crostata with cinnamon gelato
Where to Sit: at one of the three bars, if you can. Not only is each one topped with gorgeous Carrara marble, the color of mascarpone, but they also double as viewing stations for the bartenders, pizzaioli, and antipasti chefs.
- Mario Batali (owner): Celebrity chef, New York Times best-selling cookbook author, multiple James Beard Award–winner
- Joe Bastianich (partner): TV personality, James Beard Award–winning restaurateur
- Mario LaPosta (executive chef): B&BHG veteran chef, World Pizza Championships finalist
- Caroline Conrad (GM): Grad of Boston University’s revered School of Hospitality Administration, helped open Batali’s Eataly Chicago
Speck: cured pork leg seasoned with juniper, laurel, and rosemary.
Saltimbocca: a popular Mediterranean dish, usually made of veal, prosciutto, and sage cooked in wine.
Bucatini: a thick, spaghetti-like pasta with a hole through the middle
Coppetta: an Italian cake sweetened with honey that’s often infused with spices, oils, or other ingredients.
Inside Tip: If you’re driving, you should plan to come during the evening or on a weekend. There’s no valet or validation here, and the parking lot under the restaurant is least expensive ($15) after 5PM on weekdays, or all-day on weekends. There’s metered parking, but with the restaurant’s location at the bustling Fan Pier, those spots can be hard to snag.