From Our Editors
In Focus: Falafel King
- The food: heaping portions of Mediterranean fast food’s greatest hits
- The vibe: no frills, no fuss
- The line: It often looks daunting, but moves fast. Best of all, you get a free piece of falafel dunked in tahini while you wait.
- Three qualities that describe the falafel: big, moist, and well-seasoned
- Suggested meat plates: the beef-lamb shawarma or the lamb shish-kabobs grilled on a charcoal broiler
- The veggie superstar: You can’t go wrong with the combo plate, featuring baba ghannouj, hummus, grape leaves, tabouli, and Falafel King salad.