From Our Editors
OAK Long Bar + Kitchen: A User’s Guide
- Starter: mac and cheese with confit pork and housemade chorizo
- Main: local swordfish roasted in the restaurant's hearth oven
- Dessert: boston whoopie-cream pie with vanilla gelato
- Cocktail: the Busy Bee with house-infused citrus gin, honey, and rosemary
Where to Sit: Settle into a button-tufted stool at the 83-foot-long copper bar to watch the expert mixologists at work.
While You’re Waiting
- Admire the vaulted Beaux Arts ceilings and glass vestibule.
- Stroll out into the the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel, which has hosted the likes of Babe Ruth and Amelia Earhart over the years.
Inside Tip: If there's a game you can't miss, check with the bartender: there are HDTVs hidden behind the mirrors above the bar.
While You’re in the Neighborhood
Before: Study pastel landscapes, acrylic works of impressionism, and contemporary sculpture at Artana Gallery (400 Stuart Street).
After: Swing into The Hub Theatre Company (209 Columbus Avenue) for an imaginative, literate, and socially conscious play.