From Our Editors
All Star Pizza Bar: A User’s Guide
- Chef specialty pizza: Atomic Meatloaf Meltdown with white sauce, jack and mozzarella cheeses, meatloaf, red-onion jam, and hot sauce
- Build-your-own pizza toppings: duck confit, applewood-smoked bacon, jerk-roasted jackfruit, pickled fresno chiles, and many, many more
Who to Bring: friends. The pizzas come in one size—16 inches—and the colorful walls and casual space beg for the company of friends and beer.
- According to The Boston Globe, “Our research shows three people per pizza along with a bucket of PBR makes a fine meal.
- Order your pizza well-done to get the most crisp out of the brick-oven-baked crust.
- If you can’t manage a whole pie, don’t fret. Select slices are also available everyday.
What Boston Magazine Said: “...16 inches of pure bliss, more than enough for two with a couple of slices for cold leftovers later on. (Cold leftovers passed the test, an important merit for any great pizza).”
Comparative Taste-Testing: Fans of sister-shop All Star Sandwich Bar can see how its popular Atomic Meatloaf Meltdown sandwich plays out in pizza form.