From Our Editors
Boston Book Festival
- Who? Everyone is welcome to attend the free annual event
- What? There are more than 150 authors and presentations for bookworms, workshops and activities designed especially for kids and teens, and live music and a street fair for the bibliophobes.
- When? The festival is always a weekend in late October, but the nonprofit organization puts on special events throughout the year, including trivia contests and kids programming like the Hubbub Festival.
- Where? In and around Copley Square.
- Why? Founder Deborah Z. Porter started the festival in 2009 to celebrate books’ power to stimulate, excite, and unite readers and the community around them.