All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $8 for admission for two (up to $18 value)
- $17 for admission for four (up to $36 value)
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn’t reflect student, senior, or military discounts. Members and children 5 and under are admitted free.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 150 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. May be repurchased every 30 days. Limit 1 per visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts+Culture
Founded in 1974 as the Afro-American Cultural Center, the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts+Culture stands as an evolving tribute to the Africans and African Americans who have contributed to American culture. Among this group is prolific architect and museum namesake Harvey B. Gantt, who has worked tirelessly to create an equal-opportunity "New South City."
- Size: 46,500 square feet of paintings, sculptures, films, performance art, and music
- Eye Catcher: the central glass atrium, where stairs and escalators at both ends form an allusion to Jacob's Ladder and the ideal of advancement through education
- Permanent Mainstay: The John and Vivian Hewitt Collection of African-American Art, which includes 58 works from 20 artists, on display through January 19, 2015, then removed for temporary rest
- The Building: the exterior design was inspired by the quilts of the Underground Railroad era as well as woven textile patterns from West Africa
- Pro Tip: photography is only allowed in the Grand Lobby, the Performance Suite, and the Rooftop Terrace
- While You're in the Neighborhood: check out the other attractions that make up the greater Levine Center for the Arts