From Our Editors
In Focus: Alexis Herman, LAc
- Services: acupuncture, Chinese herbology, and other alternative-medicine modalities
- Education and certification: Herman studied Chinese medicine at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. She’s licensed and board-certified.
- Acupuncture targets: chronic pain, anxiety, and digestive issues
- About the needles: They're presterilized, single-use, and disposable.
- Raise the heat: with moxibustion, during which acupuncture points are warmed with smoldering mugwort herb; it’s designed to improve circulation and the flow of chi.