From Our Editors
Gino's East: A User’s Guide
- Appetizer: spinach-artichoke dip
- Pizza: the Meaty Legend, with pepperoni, sausage, canadian bacon, and bacon
- Dessert: mason-jar float with IBC root beer and Mitchell's ice cream
While You’re Waiting: It can take up to an hour for your pie to be ready, so keep your eyes peeled for celebrities. Stars who eat at Gino's while visiting Chicago include Chris Rock, who tweeted that it is "[his] favorite deep dish."
What the Press Says
- "The firm, not quite crunchy exterior gives way to a soft interior that is more than sturdy enough to stand up to the full load of toppings." — Serious Eats
- "Just try to resist the irresistible, deep-dish Chicago pizza with oozing cheese, rich sauce, and fresh toppings from its crisp, cornmeal-infused crust." — USA Today
While You’re in the Neighborhood
Before: Visit the Loyola University Museum of Art (820 N. Michigan Avenue), whose collection includes an annual nativity-scene exhibit featuring more than 100 creches.
After: Head a few blocks east to Lakeshore Drive and enjoy the sights of Lake Michigan while walking off some of those deep-dish calories.