About this Business
- HoursSun-MonClosedTue-Fri11:00 AM - 8:00 PMSat10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
From Our Editors
Four Things to Know About Gro Salon
When your name is Gro, you have no choice but to open a salon. A native of Norway, Gro Ferskaug trained at the prestigious Vidal Sassoon Academy and later became a brand educator in Chicago, Beverly Hills, LA, and San Francisco. Eventually she decided to put down roots in Bucktown, where she opened Gro Salon about 20 years ago. Read about what Gro and her team have been up to:
- The staff’s been at it for 100 years. They boast more than a century of collective hairdressing experience.
- They all have a solid styling background. Like Ferskaug, every stylist at Gro trained at the internationally renowned Vidal Sassoon Academy.
- They can give you rock-star hair. The clientele here has included members of OK Go and Mötley Crüe.
- Hair is their single focus. The service menu includes only salon services, including glossing, Brazilian blowouts, and deep conditioning in addition to cut and color.