From Our Editors
Meet the Hypnotist: Rebecca Lauer, CHt
Rebecca Lauer became fascinated with hypnosis, psychology, and metaphysics in her early teens. She attended Indiana University, where she received a degree in journalism and English before moving onto a career as an award-winning copywriter. Eventually, though, Rebecca returned to her original passion, and in 2000, she established her own practice with the opening of Hypnosis Chicago. Read on to learn more about Ms. Lauer:
- Certifications: National Guild of Hypnotists and The American Council of Hypnotic Examiners, which requires 250 hours of supervised training
- Additional qualifications: Master Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) practitioner
- Specialties: weight loss, smoking cessation, stage fright, and test anxiety
- Other areas of focus: moderating alcohol consumption, overcoming a fear of flying, and getting over failed relationships
- Her approach: She couples hypnotic suggestions and positive imagery with powerful NLP techniques.