What You'll Get
- One Guided Tour for Two People Which Includes a Train Ride
- One Guided Tour for Two People with Easter Bunny Which Includes a Train Ride
- One Guided Tour for Two People with Santa Which Includes a Train Ride
- Run a Locomotive for One Hour
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 26, 2017. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Children under 12 are free with adult voucher purchaser. Must wear closed toed shoes. Children must always be supervised. Site and equipment are not ADA- accessible. Registration required for E Run a Locomotive for a Hour; Must email information for course registration/information. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Midwest Railway Preservation Society
While most of Cleveland gets from point A to point B via automobile, the spirit of the locomotive is alive and well at Midwest Railway Preservation Society. A historical rail yard and the restored B&O Roundhouse serves as home base for the group's efforts, which includes restoring trains and educating the public at large. Here's some of what to expect once you cross to their side of the tracks.
- Eye Catcher: the bright red caboose at the entrance, which stands in contrast to the industrial complex's dark steel buildings
- Crown Jewels: restored passenger cars, steam locomotives, and a B&O boxcar, the showpiece of the rail yard
- Pro Tip: you might recognize the 1918 Locomotive 4070 steam engine—currently being restored—from its appearance in the 1984 Robert Redford film The Natural
- Special Programs: train rides and seasonal events throughout the year, including tours of a haunted train car in October
- Leave Your Mark: the society seeks volunteers to help out in the restoration of vintage locomotives and other pieces, no special experience necessary