About this Business
- HoursSun10:30 AM - 11:30 AMMon-Fri6:00 AM - 8:30 PMSat9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
From Our Editors
The experienced instructors at Life Yoga host an array of classes at their studio, ideal for those of any level of experience. They're not just about yoga, though, as they host workshops, perform training sessions, and even administer custom massages. Read on to learn more about a few of their classes:
- RESTORATIVE(BEGINNER) - This class is a gentle, calming, therapeutic kind of yoga that uses props to support the body as it eases into relaxation and balance. All levels welcome including students working with injuries.
- CHAIR YOGA(BEGINNER) - Originally designed for seniors and students with physical limitations, Chair Yoga gradually increases your range of motion and strength. All poses are seated in a chair or with chair assistance. This practice is safe and effective and will leave you feeling wonderful.
- YOGA BASICS(BEGINNER) - New to yoga or need a refresher? In this basics class you will learn foundational poses and relaxing breathing techniques to balance, stretch and strengthen your body. Yoga basics is a Hatha yoga class that will inspire confidence to join any class you wish.
- STRETCH(ALL LEVELS ) - All postures are done on the floor and are held longer to allow the connective tissue to stretch (knees, pelvis, sacrum, spine and the deeper layers of fascia). The meditative quality of this practice promotes relaxation, compassion, patience, and an indestructible sense of well-being on and off the mat. This class will slowly increase the flexibility in even the most inflexible bodies.
- YOGA SCULPT(ALL LEVELS) - Strengthen and tone every part of your body in this flowing yoga class!! Light hand weights are used throughout to help tone, sculpt, and lengthen your body as you stretch and move through your yoga poses. Yoga Sculpt is fun and easy to follow, with modifications to satisfy every fitness level while helping build a resistance to stress and increasing mindfulness.
- YOGA FUNDAMENTALS (ALL LEVELS) - This class extends your beginner’s experience by focusing on alignment and specific breathing techniques. Also great to awaken your existing practice using Iyengar, Ashtanga, and Anusara techniques. The teacher will give you guidance through verbal cues and manual adjustments. You will grow more confident in each pose by learning the best shape for you.
- BALLET BARRE(ALL LEVELS) A class rooted in classical ballet technique that focuses on articulation and strengthening of the feet, legs, arms and core by using time tested training methods as well as incorporating newer ideals from floor barre techniques, Pilates and physical therapy. This class is for all levels and will engage you in exercises that will improve posture and build long pliable muscles.
- BARRE (ALL LEVELS) - Barre is an integrative class using parts of Ballet, Yoga, and Pilates to increase body awareness. Core engagement is used with dynamic yet invigorating movements. Optional, light weights, bands, and Pilates balls are used for strengthening.
- SLOW BURN (INTERMEDIATE - HEATED) - This heated practice will open your hips and shoulders and help strengthen your entire body. Students are encouraged to close their eyes, moving from the simple to the more challenging poses. There will be slow, deliberate transitions between postures and long, demanding holds. Deeper, more calming poses are offered at the end, allowing the joints and ligaments to lengthen and tone.
- ASHTANGA YOGA 1.5 (INTERMEDIATE - HEATED)- This system is rooted in the classic style of Basic Yoga. This system utilizes dynamic movement to build heat through cardiovascular strengthening. The static postures stretch and tone the entire body, improving circulation while calming the mind with deep resonating breath. You will leave with more elevated and sustainable levels of energy and equanimity. (Full Primary Series)
- HOT YOGA (INTERMEDIATE - HEATED) - This is a heated class that links breathing and sequential poses in a continuous flow to build cardiovascular strength. The teacher first introduces the sequence, then empowers you to continue at your desired pace, resting when needed. After “the warm-up”, standing poses are held longer to build strength and endurance of the body and mind. This is followed by seated stretches, back-bends, optional inversions, and twists leading to a blissful, well-earned rest. You will feel detoxified and ready for any challenge.