What You'll Get
- Five Art for Tots classes
- 10 Art for Tots classes
Valid for ages1.5-5 years old. Classes held Thursday-Saturday 10-11a.m.
Four Things to Know About Crayons
Coloring with crayons helps kids identify colors while working on their fine-motor skills. Check out Groupon’s guide to these educational art materials.
1. The first crayons cost less than 1 cent each. The first boxes of Crayola crayons sold in 1903 cost a nickel. Each box contained eight colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, brown, and black. As of 2014, Crayola makes a total of 120 colors, including 23 varieties of red alone.
2. They have a distinct smell. According to a Yale study, crayons are the 18th most recognizable smell to American adults. Topping the list: coffee and peanut butter.
3. Sure, you can eat them. Just as the crayons themselves are nontoxic, Crayola’s paper labels use a glue made from cornstarch and water, making them safe—though not advisable—to consume. Before the company used machines to apply the labels, local farmers used to do it by hand as a way to supplement their income during the winter.
4. Crayons are a national treasure. In 1958, Crayola wowed the coloring world with a box of 64 colors as well as a built-in crayon sharpener—an innovation that earned it a place in the National Museum of American History, right next to the original draft of the Constitution scrawled in magic marker.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 180 days. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Valid for ages1.5-5 years old. Classes held Thursday-Saturday 10-11aam. Must use voucher within 90 days of registration. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.