About this Business
- HoursSun-WedClosedThu-Fri4:00 PM - 10:00 PMSat12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
From Our Editors
Located just blocks from downtown Des Moines, Madhouse Brewing Company specializes in American craft beer, including barrel-aged and sour ales. The brewery includes a tap room, production facility, and event space. Flagship beers include:
- Honey Pilsner: A light, crisp and easy to drink 5% ABV lager brewed with honey sourced from Iowa-based bee farm Ebert Honey Company.
- Hopburst IPA: In a new brewing technique, Brewmasters add the hops into the kettle late in the boil to bring out extra hoppy flavors in this 7.2% ABV creation.
- Pastime Pale Ale: A “hopped up” version of an American style pale ale, this 5.4% ABV receives several generous additions of Cascade hops.
- Oak-Aged Imperial Red: The flavors of oak and mocha collide while caramel and chocolate malts create a creamy texture and sweetness in this 8.5% ABV red ale aged on oak staves.
- Sumatra Coffee Stout: Partner with house roasted Sumatra coffee beans from Des Moines based Zanzibar’s Coffee Adventure, this 6.0 ABV is crafted using five different malted grains for a rich and silky texture, dark color, and flavors of chocolate and roasted barley.