All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· 5 days ago
· December 23, 2017
· June 27, 2017
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $12.50 for admission for two to the Biggs Museum of American Art ($20 value)
- $24 for admission for four ($40 value)
In addition to the permanent collection, the Biggs Museum of American Art hosts a number of rotating exhibits. Click here to view current and upcoming exhibitions.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 3 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 30 days. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Biggs Museum of American Art
Sewell C. Biggs was known by many titles: University of Delaware graduate, world traveler, and perhaps most importantly, art collector. In 1993, he founded the Biggs Museum of American Art. He filled its galleries with American art from the present all the way back to the 1700s, highlighting the evolution of American and especially Mid-Atlantic art. Sewell C. Biggs died in 2003, but he left behind an enduring legacy, one that continues to evolve as the museum brings in new, rotating exhibits.
- Size: three gallery floors, more than 1,800 works, and more than 400 years of American art
- Eye catchers: a collection of early American furniture, including a tall stained wood clock from the mid 18th century
- Other collection highlights: sculptures by Hiram Powers, images by Brandywine School illustrator Frank E. Schoonover, and paintings from the Peale family
- Don't miss: the museum's collection of regional silver
- Pro tip: Sketching with pencils is always welcome, but artists who want to work with other mediums need advanced permission.
- Special programs: art classes and educational workshops for kids and adults